Have you suffered or been a witness to a civil liberties violation in Idaho? If you would like the ACLU of Idaho to review your complaint, please fill out and submit our online complaint form
Before submitting an intake form, please review the following guidelines:
- We can only reivew complaints in writing (but if you need assistance because of a disability, please contact us however you can)
- We do not have legal staff to answer the phone personally or to see people on a walk-in basis.
- We will not be able to give you legal advice unless we accept your case. All new complaintants are treated as prospective clients unwil reviewed.
- We cannot always respond quickly. If your complaint is urgent, let us know but please do not wait to hear from us before taking other action.
How do we pick the cases we take?
We look for the cases that will have the biggest impact in protecting fundamental liberties that are the greatest risk in Idaho.
- Is this case about civil liberties or a fundamental civil right? Examples include cases about equal treatment for all, fair treatment by government, discrimination, privacy, and personal freedoms like speech and religion.
- Could this case impact a large number of people or set a new precedent?
- Will this case help educate the public about fundamental liberties or persuade leaders to do a better job protecting our Constitution and basic rights?
- Do we have the resources to take this case on and still stand poised to respond to other threats?
- Does this case have to do with Idaho? If your case arose in another state, please visit the national ACLU website to find the right ACLU affiliate.